Building your readership is something that can be difficult at any point in your blogging journey, but even more so when you are brand new to blogging.
Below are five tips, and some posts, that will help you start building your readership:
- Write good content. Everyone says this and no one seems to be able to define it. There’s a reason for that though. Good content is in the eye of the beholder. What one person loves, someone else might not have much interest in. The key is to write for yourself – write what makes you happy. Use a decent spell check and write from the heart – that, to me, is good content.
- Use some images to break up the text, and use those images in your social media promotion to gain more notice (This leads me onto number 3). Check out how to use images to boost blog traffic for more information.
- Use social media to promote your blog posts, otherwise, when you are totally new, no one will know your blog exists. Here are some of the posts I’ve written about the various sites: Twitter, Pinterest, Stumble Upon (Facebook and Instagram will be following later on this month, so do check back for those).
- Join linkys – they are a great way to get posts seen, find new blogs to read, and start to build relationships with some other bloggers. You can join my linkys, #AnythingGoes and #BloggerClubUK and there are loads of great ones out there. I did a post about my favourite ones, but as half of them no longer exist, I will be doing a new list later on in the month.
- Make sure your SEO is on point. This is not as hard as it sounds. Here is my simple guide to SEO.
Do you have any tips for new bloggers on how to start building your readership? Have you written/read any excellent posts on the subject of building your readership? Let me know in the comments 🙂