Ts and Cs (in English)
Below, you will find the general terms and conditions for using this site:
- Information on this blog is published for general information purpose only. Content is accurate to the best of my knowledge and is not intended to mislead or harm any individual or group.
- The views shared on this blog are solely my own and not representative of any group, organisation or company. Views are subject to change in some cases as times change and more information becomes available.
- My Random Musings does not give guarantees about the completeness, reliability and/or accuracy of the information. Any action you take using the information you find here is strictly at your own risk. My Random Musings will not be liable for any losses and/or damages you incur while following advice from the blog.
- When clicking a link to another site, be aware that My Random Musings has no control over said site and content may change. My Random Musings is in no way responsible for third part content. Make sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business with them.
- I am a member of the Amazon affiliate scheme and some of the links in posts are affiliate links. All this means is if you purchase a product using these links, I will receive a small commission from Amazon. There is no extra cost to you, the buyer, and it really has no effect on you whatsoever. Regardless of whether the link is an affiliate or standard link, I would never recommend a product I didn’t truly believe in.
- Some posts on this blog may be “sponsored content” which means I am being paid to write about the subject. Views are my own. All sponsored content will be clearly marked.
- You may reproduce a small excerpt from posts which must include full credit and a link back to the site (www.myrandommusings.co.uk). Articles may not be copied in full although printing an article for your own personal use is allowed.
- All material is subject to UK copyright laws and all rights are reserved.
- By using this blog, you confirm you have read the information below and agree to be bound by its terms.
- Terms may be changed or added at any point in the future with no prior notice given.
- Use of collected email addresses. If you choose to comment on a post, you will be asked for your email address. These are used for no other purpose that to predict how likely a comment is to be from a spam bot and they won’t be made public. We will not contact you without your express permission which you only give if you choose to subscribe to comments or blog posts (in which instance you will receive the requested notifications but nothing else). You can unsubscribe from these services at any time by clicking the link in the email, and you can delete your comments at any time.
- Subscriptions to blog posts – By signing up to the WordPress blog post subscription service, you are agreeing to receive emails containing posts as they are published to the site. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the email.
- Subscription to my book release list – By signing up to this list, you are consenting to receive emails whenever I release a new book, or when there are special offers on existing titles (and I generally send out a Merry Christmas email). You can unsubscribe any time by clicking unsubscribe in the email.
- Security plugins are in place which protect all of your date. Blog subscription email addresses are stored by WordPress and book subscription email addresses are stored by Mail Chimp.
- No information is ever sold to third parties and you will receive no spam from me or third parties as a result of signing up to either list or leaving a comment on a blog post.
- By entering your details in place that requests them, you are consenting to the relevant information above. You have the right to refuse consent, but you may miss out on everything I have to offer/certain features on the blog.
- Upon your first use of the site (which means when you read a page or post for the first time) you are confirming that you have read this page in full and you are giving your consent to everything contained within this page.
- For more information or to request changes to your data access to it, contact me firstname.lastname@example.org To unsubscribe to any services, follow the instructions for that particular service.
Detailed Ts and Cs (In “Legalese”)
Definitions and Interpretation
- In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required for a User to access certain areas of Our Site, as detailed in Clause 4;|
|“Blog”||means a blog hosted on Our Site, created by a User, containing Post(s) submitted by that User;|
|“Comment”||means a comment on a Blog or Post on Our Site made by a User;|
|“Content”||means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site;|
|“Post”||means a post created by a User in a Blog on Our Site;|
|“User”||means a user of Our Site; and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means My Random Musings|
Information About Us
- Our Site, as referred to in these Terms and Conditions is My Random Musings.
Access to Our Site
- Access to Our Site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
- Access to Our Site is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Intellectual Property Rights
- With the exception of the content of Blogs and Posts, all Content on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content (including the content of Blogs and Posts) is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Users retain the ownership of copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in the content of their Blogs, Posts and Comments (unless any part of that content is owned by a third party who has given their express permission for their material to be used).
- For personal use (including research and private study) only, you may:
- Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- Print one copy of any page from Our Site;
- Download, copy, clip, print, or otherwise save extracts from pages on Our Site;
- Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing; and
- View and use other Users’ Blogs, Posts and Comments in accordance with Clause 7.
- You may not use any Content (including Blogs, Posts and Comments) downloaded, copied, clipped, printed or otherwise saved from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence to do so from Us, our licensors, or from the relevant User, as appropriate. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- You may not systematically copy Content from Our Site with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, or database unless given Our express permission to do so.
- You may not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content or any other material from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so. For further information, please contact Us at email@example.com
- Our status as the owner and author of the content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors or Users, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the fair dealing provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Blogs, Posts and Comments
- You agree that you will be solely responsible for your Blog(s) and Posts and for any Comments you make anywhere on Our Site. Specifically, you agree, represent and warrant that you have the right to use the content that you submit and that your Blog(s), Posts, or Comments comply with Our Acceptable Usage Policy, detailed below.
- You agree that you will be liable to Us and will, to the fullest extent permissible by law, indemnify Us for any breach of warranties. You will be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Us as a result of such breach.
- You (or your licensors, as appropriate) retain ownership of the content of your Blog(s), Posts and Comments, and all intellectual property rights subsisting therein. When you create a Blog, Post, or Comment you grant Us an unconditional, non-exclusive, fully transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide licence to use, store, archive, syndicate, publish, transmit, adapt, edit, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works from, display, perform and sub-licence the content of your Blog, Post or Comment for the purposes we see fit.
- We may reject, reclassify, or remove any Blogs, Posts or Comments from Our Site where their content, in Our sole opinion, violates Our Acceptable Usage Policy, or if We receive a complaint from a third party and determine that the Blog, Post or Comment in question should be removed as a result.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use of Other Users’ Blogs, Posts and Comments
- The content of Blogs, Posts, and Comments on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting therein, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by the User identified along with the Blog, Post, or Comment in question. All such content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- You may copy and share (reblog) Posts and Comments within Our Site, provided that the original User is credited.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the fair dealing provisions of Chapter III of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 ‘Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works’, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Acceptable Usage Policy
- You may only use Our Site (including, but not limited to, the creation of Blogs, Posts, and Comments) in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the provisions of this Clause 8. Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all applicable local, national and international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- When creating Blogs, Posts, or Comments (or communicating in any other way using Our Site), you must not post, communicate, or otherwise do anything that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included within this definition provided that they do not
- fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 8.2);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 8 or any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your Account and/or your right to access Our Site;
- remove any content submitted by you that violates this Acceptable Usage Policy;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions that We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
Links to Our Site
- You may link to Our Site provided that:
- you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
- You may link to any page of Our Site.
- Framing or embedding of Our Site on other websites is not permitted without Our express written permission. Please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- You may not link to Our Site from any other site the content of which contains material that:
- is sexually explicit;
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person’s privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 9.4);
- implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trademarks and database rights) of any other party; or
- is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- The content restrictions above do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- We may feature advertising on Our Site and We reserve the right to display advertising anywhere on Our Site.
- You agree that you will not attempt to remove or hide any advertising using HTML/CSS or by any other method.
- We are not responsible for the content of any advertising on Our Site. Each advertiser is responsible for the content of their own advertising material. We will not be responsible for any advertising on Our Site including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
Disclaimers and Legal Rights
- Nothing on Our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
- We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that Our Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up-to-date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties, or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up-to-date.
- We are not responsible for the content or accuracy, or for any opinions, views, or values expressed in any Blogs, Posts, or Comments submitted by Users. Any such opinions, views, or values are those of the relevant User, and do not reflect Our opinions, views, or values in any way.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any User for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content (whether that Content is provided by Us or contained in Blogs, Posts, or Comments created by Users) included on Our Site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content (including Blogs, Posts, or Comments created by Users) included on Our Site.
- If you are a business user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware, however, subject to sub-Clause 12.3, We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any content (including any provided in Blogs, Posts, or Comments) from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
Viruses, Malware and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
- You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions above you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach and, where applicable, your Account will be suspended and/or deleted.
Privacy and Cookies
Use of Our Site is also governed by Our Cookie and Privacy Policies. These policies are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions by this reference.
- We may use your personal information to:
- Provide and administer your Account;
- Reply to any communications you send to Us;
- We will not pass on your personal information to any third parties, except in the case of giveaways, where your address details must be passed on to a third party in order for the prize to be shipped to you.
Communications from Us
- We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
To contact Us, please email Us at email@example.com
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site, eg. To leave a comment, join a mailing list etc.;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site.|
|“Our Site”||means this website, My Random Musings|
|“UK and EU Cookie Law/GDPR”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; GDPR|
|“We/Us/Our”||means My Random Musings|
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site. Other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when signing up for an Account.
How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
We use your data to provide the best possible services to you.
With your permission and where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015 and the GDPR.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
We will never share your personally identifiable information with any third party except in the case of a user winning a giveaway and their contact details being passed to the company for prize deliver (where this is the case, it is clearly stated in the terms and conditions of entry).
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to non personally identifiable information. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us).
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). This will be sent electronically and free of charge. For other methods of delivery, there will be an expectation of payment of a small fee which will not exceed £250. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Cookies Do We Use and What For?
All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law and the GDPR.
Before any Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work as intended if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.