Last year I was tagged in a blogging bucket list tag. This made me really think about where I wanted my blog to go and what I wanted to achieve. I found it really helped keep me on track to have some goals to aim for, so I decided this year to do another one.
You can check out last year’s progress here.
This year, I want to concentrate on continuing to grow my blog and also on doing some writing outside of the blog. That was part of last year’s plan, but it got a bit neglected as every spare moment seemed to be spent on the blog.
I think this year I have more of an idea of the time blogging takes up and I am determined to streamline my time. I am also determined to not stress out if a post goes up a bit late.
Read on for my list of things I want to achieve by the end of 2016:
Blogging Bucket List
- Reach 500,000 page views
- Have 5000 Twitter followers
- Have 1000 Instagram followers
- Post at least one blog post a day (except for holidays)
- Take part in several blog related challenges (and a couple of non blog related ones, more on that later)
- Finish my novel and have it published.
- Write a book of short stories and self publish them
- Learn how to self publish
- Make up a media kit
- Do more work with brands, even if it means getting brave and approaching them
- Do at least one guest post for other bloggers per month (if anyone wants to offer me a slot, feel free)
- Look into and hopefully start doing some freelance writing work
- Accept that if things don’t go to plan, and a post is a couple of hours late going out it’s not a big deal and the world won’t stop turning
- Finally get around to upgrading my Inlinkz account so that I can have thumbnails on my linky
- Practice editing my fiction. This one is quite a big deal for me. I always worry that by editing, it will take out the spontaneity of the piece. To use a cliché, that it won’t be in “my voice” after editing. I was talking to a friend about this a couple of days ago and she gave me some excellent tips on how to edit without losing the essence of the story.
- Set up a Facebook page – this one is only a maybe as I have always said I want to keep Facebook for personal use only, but so many bloggers seem to do really well from Facebook so it’s something I am considering.
If you read my post about how I did on last year’s blogging bucket list, you might notice some of these goals are the same. These are the ones I didn’t complete fully, or in some cases didn’t even start! I am going to have a copy of this list displayed on a post it on my desk top. If I see it every day, I hope it will help keep me motivated and on track.
Wish me luck!
Have you got your blogging bucket list or you more of a wing it type? Let me know in the comments 🙂